It is our belief that the constitution of The United States of America guarantees each American privacy from government intrusion and we believe that it is each American's responsibility to insure that each and every American is protected from government intrusion so that we can enjoy the liberty to live and exercise our inalienable rights.
(See All Human Rights For All)
1) Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen
Approved by the National Assembly of France, August 26, 1789
2) Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Adopted and proclaimed by General Assembly resolution 217 A (III) of
10 December 1948
3) Bastille Day --"We announce to the world the true principles of our actions. We
wish an order of things where all low and cruel passions are enchained by the laws; all beneficent and generous feelings awakened; where distinctions arise only from equality itself; where the citizen is subject to the magistrate; the magistrate to the people, the people to justice. Where industry is an adornment to the liberty that ennobles it and commerce the source of public wealth, not simply of monstrous riches for a few families. We wish to substitute in our country morality for egoism, probity for a mere sense of honor, principle for habit, duty for etiquette, the empire of reason for the tyranny of custom, contempt for vice for contempt for misfortune; the grandeur of man for the triviality of grand society. We wish, in a word, to fulfill the course of nature, to absolve providence from the long reign of tyranny and crime."
EFFECTIVE: February 22, 2006
We gather certain Personal Information that you provide to us, some passively and some actively, and we want to ensure that all users of the Wily Python Site are aware of exactly how and for what purpose that your Personal Information is being used. We believe that the information you provide to us is essential to your enjoyment and successful use of the Wily Python Site. Our collection of your Personal Information enables us to provide you with a personalized web experience, and assists our sales team and advertisers in efficiently reaching an appropriate audience. The information we request is the minimum we believe necessary to achieve this goal.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
wilypython.net_Post Office Box 2734
Sausalito, CA 94966-2734 Attn: Your California Privacy Rights c/o Privacy Administrator
wilypython.net_Post Office Box 2734
Sausalito, CA 94966-2734
Attn: Privacy Administrator
GENERAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
1. What data does Wily Python collect?
1. To access the Wily Python Site, you do not have to provide any Personal Information. However, certain features of the Wily Python Site do request Personal Information before granting access:
a. If you wish to participate in the chat features offered on this Site, you will be asked to create a nickname or pseudonym and password to be used when logging into the chat room, as well as for your first and last name, e-mail address, gender, certification of age 18+, and zip code for registration purposes. Providing your real name is required and omitting this information in the registration form will not allow you to access the chat features. Your real name will not be disclosed to third parties, except for the circumstances detailed below in Section 3 under "What information does the Site share with third parties?" If you choose to post your real name, you acknowledge, understand and agree that we assume no responsibility for the collection, use or misuse of your name which would be publicly accessible information to other visitors to the Wily Python Site. You will also be asked whether you want to receive information about Comedy Central and Site updates via e-mail. If you opt-in for this feature, you must provide a valid e-mail address during the registration process.
b. The Wily Python Site maintains public message boards. Posting to these message boards requires you to register and provide your first and last name, e-mail address, gender, certification of age 18+, and zip code. Providing your real name is required and omitting this information in the registration form will not allow you to access the message board features. Your real name will not be disclosed to third parties, except for the circumstances detailed below in Section 3 under "What information does the Site share with third parties?" When posting to these message boards, we encourage you to do so under a nickname or pseudonym. If you choose to post your real name, you acknowledge, understand and agree that we assume no responsibility for the collection, use or misuse of your name which would be publicly accessible information to other visitors to the Wily Python Site.
c. The Wily Python Site has a newsletter distributed via e-mail. If you choose to subscribe to this feature, you must provide a valid e-mail address. Your e-mail address will be used for the distribution of the newsletter and any promotions or marketing that we feel may be of interest to you and will not be divulged to any third party, with the exceptions as detailed below in Section 3 under "What Information does the Site share with third parties?" To unsubscribe from our newsletter(s), please review our help section on newsletters.
d. Occasionally, we will request you to fill out a user survey. Such surveys are voluntary, but we hope that you will participate. User participation in surveys allows us to better understand the demographics and interests of our users. Your responses in combination with the responses of our other users help us to improve the Wily Python Site and attract the valued sponsors and advertisers that help us bring you the features and activities you enjoy. If and when we choose to share user information collected from surveys, we will do so only in aggregate form such that a third party will not be able to identify any individual user.
e. We may occasionally run contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions sponsored by our advertisers, promotional partners and sponsors (collectively, "Advertisers"). To participate in such activities, we will request that you submit your first/last name, email address, age or birth date, and telephone number. If you are identified as a winner, we may also request your postal mailing address to be used to deliver your prize(s) and your Social Security Number for IRS reporting purposes if your prize is valued at $600.00 or more (U.S. dollars). We may disclose your Personal Information (except for SSN) collected from contests and sweepstakes entrants with Advertisers in connection with certain online contests and sweepstakes. In each such case, we will notify potential entrants when Personal Information will be supplied to a third party, and the identity of such third party, at the time entrant information is collected. Please see Section 3 under "What Information does the Site share with third parties?" below for more details.
f. If you contact us through the regular mail or via e-mail, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Any Personal Information contained in your communication will not be used for commercial purposes.
g. This Site collects the following Personal Information from interested persons that wish to submit questions to any shows that may be presented or programed: first/last name, birth date, telephone number, city, state, and an email address. Users are also asked to select a "Topic" and submit their question or comment. The producers of the program will contact a person whose question is under consideration for use on any show by telephone to verify the identity of the person submitting the question and get background information. Only persons who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to participate in these programs and any person that we or a producer believes is underage will be terminated from any participation in this feature.
h. This Site will offer co-branded services and features, which are events and promotions (for example, a contest) that Wily Python puts together with another company ("Co-Branded Partner"). We will share your Personal Information with our Co-Branded Partner. Your voluntary use and/or participation in a co-branded service or feature means that you have given your affirmative consent to both Wily Python and our Co-Branded Partner to collect and use your Personal Information. If you wish to opt-out of a Co-Branded Partner's future use of your Personal Information, you will need to contact the Co-Branded Partner directly.
i. When you order products from us, we also collect Personal Information from you. If you order one of our products or services, we will collect and maintain your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information, order number, referring URL, IP address and a password. We collect this, and other information, as disclosed in this policy, in order to fill your order, to communicate with you about your order and to send you promotional materials. Before confirming your order, you will have the opportunity to review the product order form and make changes and additions to the information it contains. These changes will be automatically kept for future use. We use good faith efforts not to provide third parties with access to your individual account information, unless stated otherwise on the Site. We reserves the right to provide non-identifiable consumer data to third parties including, but not limited to, general statistics about pages viewed on our site, sales and other shopping information.
2. Certain non-Personal information is automatically collected from all visitors to the Wily Python Site. This data includes your IP address, your computer's operating system, and the type of browser you use to surf the Internet. Your IP address tells us both your Internet Service Provider ("ISP") and the general geographic location you are connecting from. We may also use your IP address to track the date and time you accessed the Wily Python Site, how long you stayed on the Wily Python Site, and what pages you visited. If you have configured your browser with your e-mail address, this data may also be available to us.
How do we protect the privacy of Children and Minors?
1. We believe that it is particularly important to protect the privacy of children and minors online. We define a "child" as any person under 13 years of age and a minor is defined as any person under the age of 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children or minors. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in certain activities on this Site that require the submission of your Personal Information. If we unintentionally receive Personal Information from children under the age of 13, we will comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA") and reject and destroy such correspondence upon knowledge of such collection, except for the limited circumstances below. For more information about COPPA, please see the Federal Trade Commission's website: www.ftc.gov. Any false or fraudulent registration or entry from a child or minor will be deemed to be ineligible and will disqualify the child or minor from the receipt of a prize, benefit, or other participation.
2. Except to meet Federal Communications Commission ("FCC"), or other regulatory and legal purposes, we will not collect, use, store, or disclose any child's Personal Information to a third party without prior parental consent.
How does the Site use your information?
1. In addition to delivering the features and activities you have registered for, we use the non-Personal Information passively gathered when you visit this Site and the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide in several ways:
a. Your IP address is used to assist us in diagnosing problems with our server, to administer this Site and to provide general information to our Advertisers.
b. We may use the information you provide to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users and to analyze how and where to invest our resources.
c. We may use Personal Information voluntarily provided by you for Wily Python’s promotional and/or marketing purposes.
d. Demographic and profile data is used to tailor our users' experience at, directing users to content we think may be of interest to that user, and displaying content for which the user may have shown a preference.
e. Both our internal sales team and outside advertising firms may utilize the information you provide us in aggregate form to better tailor your experience on the Wily Python Site. Without the data collected, we would not know what the most popular regions of the Wily Python Site are, nor would Wily Python be able to measure which promotions are successful.
What information does the Site share with third parties?
1. We do not sell, rent, lease or disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated entities or entities that are not our Advertisers, except in limited circumstances. (See below) When we plan to disclose your Personal Information to Advertisers, we ask for your consent ("opt in") to do so, in which case their use of your Personal Information is subject to their own privacy policies.
2. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining services on the Site. These third parties are called operational service providers, the specialists that provide internal support to operations and activities and/or for Site design, development, hosting and operations including maintenance, management, storage and/or fulfillment of our membership and e-mail clubs, various contests, sweepstakes, services, events and online stores. We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities and membership services we bring to you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information or sensitive Personal Information (such as credit card account numbers or social security numbers ("Sensitive Personal Information")) to third party marketers that are not associated with Wily Python or the Site. Additionally, such providers are not to use your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
3. In addition to sharing your Personal Information with our operational service providers, we will disclose your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information to others in the following limited circumstances:
a. When we are compelled to do so by a law enforcement agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
c. If, in our sole discretion, we believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or
d. In the event of a bankruptcy, or a merger, acquisition, joint venture or other business combination involving us, or our Parent Companies.
How do I opt-out, remove, change, or modify my Personal Information?
You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving commercial communications from us or terminating your registration at any time. To change or modify any Personal Information you have provided to us please do so through the member profile. To no longer receive newsletters from us, please review how to opt-out in our help section on newsletters. To remove your name from the Wily Python database entirely including, but not limited to, registration for wilypython.net: Go to your member profile and simply click on link that says, "Click here to un-register from comedycentral.com" and confirm.
The Site's Disclaimers
1. All users should be aware while using any service where you publicly disclose Personal Information online voluntarily, including in chat areas, on message or bulletin boards, or through e-mail, that such information can be collected and used by others. If you use these services on the Wily Python Site and voluntarily provide any information on our bulletin boards or in chat areas, you do so at your own risk. It is also possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We cannot make any representations regarding the security of such transfer of information.
Third Party Links.
You should be aware that the Wily Python Site contains links to outside web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, business operations, or the content of such web sites. Our Site may contain advertisements, references and links to other web sites and organizations. We may also use third parties to display or serve advertising on the Site and our web-based newsletters. Often these third party Advertisers employ cookie and web bug technologies to measure advertising effectiveness. You should be aware that different rules might apply to the collection, use or disclosure of your information by third parties in connection with their advertisements, promotions and other web sites you encounter on the internet. The use of such technology by these third parties is within their control and not ours, and even if we have a relationship with the third party, we do not control those sites or their policies and practices regarding your information and we encourage you to investigate and ask questions directly of them in this regard.
Protection of Your Personal Information.
We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality and request the same of our operational service providers. In this regard we limit access by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes.
Copyright © Wily Python, 2006 - All Rights Reserved. Wily Python is a trademark of The Wily Python Show.